Client: NIE Networks
Date: Phase 1 January 2023 – May 2023
Location: Ardstraw, Co.Tyrone
The primary civil works for this project is split into two phases. The first phase of works included the following:
- Extension of the substation compound and improvement works to the substation entrance
- Replacement of boundary fence and create or a stoned sterile zone around the substation.
- Replacement of the palisade fence around the substation compound
- Construction of two new transformer bunds and the associated fire wall
- Construction of a new control room
- Installation of new ducting system, inspection chambers and cable trench
- Installation of new storm drainage system
- Installation of a new external lighting system and the associated foundations.
- Install new earthing tape to connect with the existing earth grid. Allow installation of 100m of earth tape as per NIE Networks standard details. Allow for flexible earth connections to new fence posts.