Client: NIE Networks
Date: May ’20 – Current
Location: Garvagh, Co.Londonderry
Garvagh Main Substation is a new build substation for NIE Networks.
The new substation is a 110kV / 33kV cluster substation.
Works included in the contract include:
- Construction of Substation building
- Construction of transformer bases
- Construction of transformer bunds
- Installation of Drainage and SUDS features during construction
- Diversion of watercourse to facilitate construction of the substation
- Installation of passing bays along haulage routes to the substation
- Installation of concrete access roads
- Installation of fencing
- Planting of screening tress and scrubs